The subject of Cryptocurrency and block-chain technology appear more and more in our news papers. Nevertheless, it is one of the most misunderstood and controversial subjects for the majority of the people. In many people minds, The topic is attached to terms as “Black market”, “gambling” and “Speculations”. The truth is, that Block chain technology is the future. For every person that is searching to be updated in what’s happening in the world around him, it is time to understand better the subject and its applications.
It is true that in the last year the value of Bitcoin and other Cryptocoins has gone up and down and that many scams have been connected to its activities. This trend have been seen previously with new technologies reaching the market. As the internet of things allow easier and faster access to all in our new global era of investments, it is natural that the flunctation in early stage will be bigger. To start understanding a bit better the subject, here are a few important facts that you need to know:
- Bitcoin is the first, most known and valuable Cryptocurrency in the market. With a total value of $169,452,298,312 (with a value per coin of $9,958.11 at the 5.5.2018)
- At the moment the top 5 Currencies are – (from the top down) – Bitcoin, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, Ripple and Litecoin
- Bitcoin is based on a technology called “Block-Chain”. Bitcoin is only the tip of the iceberg of this technology.
- The Block chain Technology is an innovative system and a disruptive innovation which will enter into all the domains of our life and is going to change the way we operate the majority of our current systems.
In many conversation with professionals, Bitcoin and the Technology behind it the moment are compared to the Internet boom of the 90’s. For those of you that are to young to remember, When the internet have been introduced to the mass market in the 90, there was an hysteric moment of investment around it. Firms have emerged everywhere, creating a mania of investment and numerous amount of scam. The term “Dot-Com bubble” was a historic economic bubble and period of excessive speculation that occurred roughly from 1997 to 2001, a period of extreme growth in the usage and adaptation of the Internet. Nevertheless, following the crash and the end of the speculators the internet (which was in the time the new disruptive technology), has survive and became a tool we cannot live without.
Here is the Nastaq index of that period:
To understand how similar the Block chain technology is to this market, here is the chart of the price of Bitcoin in the last year: (Can you see the similarity)
It is important to notice that the value of bitcoin and any other Cryptocurrency is based on the amount of transaction made in the market. To make it simple, more people buy and sell or transfer it one to another the more value it gets. It is very similar to any currency in that manner. The crazy increase in the price of Bitcoin last winter is easy to explain. When the price start to go up and the awareness have picked, many people saw the opportunity to make profit and start buying, Creating a “Mania“. The values started to rise nothing to do with the actual technology behind it.
In the moment the value have served its investors, they started to sell their bitcoin out, which immediately made the price go down. At this moment, the majority of the people that were following the trend (without really understand why) saw the drop of price and start selling their bitcoin as well. In economic term it is called a “Panic”. at the low point of the panic in February the value of a bitcoin has been 7,023$, which was still higher than its value in November 2017 before the mania (5,976$). This is an important point.
I will publish a series of post in the subject to cover the subject and give you a better understanding of the subject in simple terms. For now it is important to hold in mind a few points:
- Cryptocurrency is not so different from your Dollars or Euro,
- These coins are reflecting the entrance of a new technology called “Block chain” into our lives.
- This technology will affect governments, banks, insurance companies and working places.
- Like many other disruptive innovation, the current market is trying to do everything in his power to block its entrance.
- The price of the Cryptocurrencies will continue to go up in the long run.
Be Aware: The stage of development of Cryptocurrency and Block chain is far from being mainstream. It means, it is open to manipulation as people do not fully understand it. This post is not in any way giving a professional analytic overview for investment. Before investing in anything, please make sure you fully understand what are you investing in and how to do it.
Share with me you opinion in the subject. Awareness and open conversation are the key for the promotion of a better world.
Click now for more posts and conversations about our new world era.
Join my blog today and get your free weekly update directly to your Phone.